Lauren Melfa Catanzarite
- Antitrust Litigation
- Duquesne University School of Law, J.D., 2007
- Elon University, B.A. in Corporate Communications, summa cum laude, 2004
- Lynette Norton Memorial Award for Excellence in Trial Advocacy, 2007
- American College of Trial Lawyers National Trial Competition 2005-2006, semi-finalist
- Buffalo-Niagara Mock Trial Competition 2006-2007, Best Overall Cross Examination Award recipient
- American Association for Justice (formerly ATLA) Student Trial Advocacy Competition 2006-2007, Finalist
- The Honorable Robert C. Mitchell, United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, 2017-2019
- The Honorable Eugene B. Strassburger, III, Superior Court of Pennsylvania, 2011-2017
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania
Lauren Melfa Catanzarite’s extensive courtroom, research, and writing experience provide her with the tools necessary to effectively manage clients’ cases at all stages of litigation.
Prior to joining Marcus & Shapira, Lauren represented defendants in complex criminal matters as an associate attorney with Allegheny County Office of Conflict Counsel. At the conclusion of her two-year term, she accepted a clerkship with the Honorable Eugene B. Strassburger, III, a senior judge specially assigned to the Pennsylvania Superior Court. In that position, she researched, analyzed, and drafted memoranda and published opinions on a wide variety of legal issues, including criminal, civil, and family law cases. In 2017, she accepted a clerkship with Magistrate Judge Robert C. Mitchell in the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, which allowed her to focus exclusively on federal civil litigation, primarily employment discrimination and civil rights cases.
Through her background in litigation and experience as judicial clerk in both state and federal court, Lauren has a thorough understanding of courtroom procedure and judicial decision-making, which makes her an invaluable strategic resource to clients.
Lauren is an active member of the Allegheny County Bar Association. Additionally, she volunteers with the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s High School Mock Trial Competition, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Pittsburgh, and the Thornburg Community Club.