Antitrust & Competition Law
Our attorneys specialize in multiple areas of antitrust law, advising clients in compliance and risk management and representing both plaintiffs and defendants in complex, multi-district antitrust cases. We often challenge illegal monopolies and agreements between and among competitors to allocate markets, fix prices, or engage in vertical or horizontal conspiracies.
M&S litigates claims alleging anticompetitive practices in multiple industries. We bring lawsuits against pharmaceutical companies aimed at reducing the costs of important drugs. In our “pay-for-delay” matters, our clients allege that anti competitive practices delay the entry of generic drugs to the market and illegally prevent consumers from having access to quality, low-cost generic alternatives. We litigate cases involving widely consumed food products like eggs, packaged seafood, mushrooms, and chocolates. And we represent clients in cases challenging anticompetitive practices in the multi-billion dollar payment card industry.
Our antitrust attorneys bring experience teaching antitrust law, publishing antitrust articles in respected legal journals, working for the federal government in enforcing antitrust law, and taking leadership positions in our community. We stay current in this ever-changing area of law by attending annual national conferences and participating in specialized seminars.
Our recent antitrust matters include:
- In re Packaged Seafood Products Antitrust Litigation, No. 15-md-2670 (S.D. Cal.)
- In re Processed Egg Products Antitrust Litigation, No. 08-md-2002 (E.D. Pa.)
- In re Mushroom Direct Purchaser Antitrust Litigation, No. 06-cv-620 (E.D. Pa.)
- In re AndroGel Antitrust Litigation (II), No. 09-md-2084 (N.D. Ga.)
- In re Niaspan Antitrust Litigation, No. 13-md-2460 (E.D. Pa.)
- King Drug Company of Florence, Inc. v. Cephalon, Inc., et al., No. 06-cv-1797 (E.D. Pa.)
- In re Effexor XR Antitrust Litigation, No. 11-cv-5479 (D.N.J.)
- In re Lipitor Antitrust Litigation, No. 12-cv-2389 (D.N.J.)
- In re Nexium (Esomeprazole) Antitrust Litigation, No. 12-md-2409 (D. Mass)
- In re Payment Card Interchange Fee & Merchant Discount Antitrust Litigation-Opt Out Cases, No. 14-md-01720 (E.D.N.Y.)