Erin Gibson Allen
- Antitrust Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Compliance and Contractual Issues
- University of Pittsburgh, School of Law, J.D., 1995
- University of Rochester, B.A., 1992
- The Honorable Lisa Pupo Lenihan, Chief Magistrate Judge, United States District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania
Erin Gibson Allen’s diverse background provides her with a perspective that allows her to relate to clients’ individual situations and give focused attention to solving complex problems.
Erin has experience in the healthcare and pharmaceutical fields, in both complex antitrust litigation and transactional work. Erin also works on other litigation matters, including commercial disputes and employment issues.
Prior to joining Marcus & Shapira, Erin clerked for the Honorable Lisa Pupo Lenihan, the Chief U.S. Magistrate Judge for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
Erin graduated from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law, where she was an inaugural member of the Health Law Clinic and where served as president of the Pitt Law Women’s Association. Erin also graduated from the University of Rochester, where she earned dual degrees in political science and psychology and was selected to be a member of the Meridian Society.
In 2011 Erin began work in the legal community to create a program to offer education, training, and resources for attorneys seeking to reenter the profession after a career break. Her effort led to the creation of Back to the Bar, an initiative run by the Allegheny County Bar Association, which, after its successful launch, served as a model for similar programs in other states. Erin regularly speaks on the process of taking and returning from a career break, including at the annual iRelaunch conference at Columbia University. Erin has been interviewed on the topic of returning from a career break by the New York Times and BBC News.
Erin serves on the Board of Trustees of the Women’s Center & Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh. She is also the chairperson of the Jack Heinz Society of the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra. Previously Erin served as a member of the Patient Safety and Infection Control Committees of St. Clair Hospital. Erin is also a member of the American Society for Pharmacy Law and the Executive Women’s Council of Greater Pittsburgh.
Representative multidistrict litigation matters include:
- In re National Prescription Opiate Litigation, No. 17-md-2804 (N.D. Ohio)
- In re AndroGel Antitrust Litigation (II), No. 09-md-2084 (N.D. Ga.)
- In re Niaspan Antitrust Litigation, No. 13-md-2460 (E.D. Pa.)
- In re Nexium (Esomeprazole) Antitrust Litigation, No. 12-md-2409 (D. Mass)
- Professional Drug Company, Inc. v. Wyeth, Inc. (Effexor), No. 11-cv-05479 (D. N.J.)
- Burlington Drug Co., Inc., et al. v. Pfizer Inc., et al. (Lipitor), No. 12-cv-02389 (D. N.J.)
- Payment Card Interchange Fee and Merchant Discount Antitrust Litigation Opt Out Cases, No. 14-md-01720 (E.D.N.Y.)
- In re Packaged Seafood Products Antitrust Litigation, No. 15-md-2670 (S.D. Cal.)