Erin Gibson Allen
- Antitrust Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Compliance and Contractual Issues
- University of Pittsburgh, School of Law, J.D., 1995
- University of Rochester, B.A., 1992
- The Honorable Lisa Pupo Lenihan, Chief Magistrate Judge, United States District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania
Erin Gibson Allen’s diverse background provides her with a perspective that allows her to relate to clients’ individual situations.
Erin’s practice at Marcus & Shapira is focused on general commercial litigation, complex multidistrict antitrust cases, and transactional issues. Erin frequently works on matters in the healthcare and pharmaceutical fields.
Prior to joining Marcus & Shapira, Erin clerked for the Honorable Lisa Pupo Lenihan, the Chief U.S. Magistrate Judge for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
Erin graduated from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law, where she served as president of the Pitt Law Women’s Association, and from the University of Rochester, where she was selected to be a member of the Meridian Society.
In 2011 Erin began work in the legal community to create a program to offer education, training, and resources for attorneys seeking to reenter the profession after a leave of absence. Her effort led to the creation of Back to the Bar, an initiative run by the Allegheny County Bar Association, which, after its successful launch, served as a model for similar programs in other states. Erin regularly speaks on the process of taking and returning from a career break.
Erin serves on the Board of Trustees of the Women’s Center & Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh. Erin also serves as the chairperson of the New Leadership Council and as the vice chairperson of the Jack Heinz Society for the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra. Previously Erin served as a member of the ethics committee of UPMC Passavant and as a member of the Patient Safety and Infection Control Committees of St. Clair Hospital.
Representative multidistrict antitrust litigation matters include:
- Payment Card Interchange Fee and Merchant Discount Antitrust Litigation Opt Out Cases, No. 14-md-01720 (E.D.N.Y.)
- In re AndroGel Antitrust Litigation (II), No. 09-md-2084 (N.D. Ga.)
- In re Niaspan Antitrust Litigation, No. 13-md-2460 (E.D. Pa.)
- In re Nexium (Esomeprazole) Antitrust Litigation, No. 12-md-2409 (D. Mass)
- In re Packaged Seafood Products Antitrust Litigation, No. 15-md-2670 (S.D. Cal.)
- Professional Drug Company, Inc. v. Wyeth, Inc. (Effexor), No. 11-cv-05479 (D. N.J.)
- Burlington Drug Co., Inc., et al. v. Pfizer Inc., et al. (Lipitor), No. 12-cv-02389 (D. N.J.)