Daniel J. Stuart
- Commercial Litigation
- George Washington University Law School, J.D., 2009
- Penn State University, Global and Strategic Business Management with highest distinction, 2006
The Order of the Coif
- The Honorable Richard J. Leon, United States District Court, District of Columbia
- The Honorable Ellen S. Huvelle, United States District Court, District of Columbia
- Washington, D.C.
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
Dan Stuart prides himself on providing strategic advice in an effective and efficient manner. He is prepared and pragmatic, and provides clients with clear, timely, and prudent counsel. He can mobilize on a moment’s notice, and his sole focus is on obtaining the best result for his clients.
Dan concentrates his practice on commercial litigation matters. His other areas of practice include real estate and land use law, insurance, transactional issues, and employment disputes. Some of Dan’s most recent accomplishments include:
- Successful representation of hospital network and South Hills residents in opposing development of a new hospital on residentially-zoned property;
- Favorable settlement of claims on behalf of Hollywood film producers against distribution company arising from breach of distribution agreement;
- Achieved full coverage for insured in personal injury matter alleging bad faith against insurance company;
- Favorable resolution on behalf of insurer in dispute over high-level executive’s non-compete and non-solicitation agreement.
Dan has represented clients in the sports and entertainment, fashion, technology, consumer products, national defense, and energy industries. He represents both plaintiffs and defendants in state and federal court, including contract disputes, intellectual property litigation, advertising disputes, and corporate restructuring. Dan also handles employment matters, with particular experience in executive compensation, restrictive covenants, discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Prior to joining Marcus & Shapira in 2015, Dan worked for prestigious multinational law firms in Washington, D.C. and New York City.
Dan served as an Adjunct Professor of Scholarly Writing at The George Washington University Law School, and has also worked for The Honorable Richard J. Leon and The Honorable Ellen S. Huvelle of the United States District Court for the District of Columbia.
Dan was born and raised in Pittsburgh, and earned a Global and Strategic Business Management degree from Penn State University. Dan graduated Order of the Coif from The George Washington University Law School, where he was a member of the Law Review and Moot Court Board. Dan lives in Shadyside with his wife Lindsay and his dog, a Boston Terrier named JoJo.